Administrative Assistant – Part-time
Administrative Assistant - Part-time
The Lockport Chamber of Commerce is seeking a dynamic, energetic and charismatic Administrative Assistant to enhance and grow our member base organization.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing administrative and clerical services and general office support in order to ensure effective and efficient day-to-day operations of the Chamber. This role is a 15 hour / week part-time position and pays $20 / hour. Hours may increase as needed or as Chamber events evolve / grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all office related tasks including answering phone calls and walk in visits, responding to email requests for information, mailing out information and updating general information for board members, ambassadors and volunteers.
- Assist with billing and processing monthly membership payments within the membership management software.
- Answer general and specific questions regarding the Chamber, staff, board / executive, events and members.
- Assist the Executive Director in creating written communications including but not limited to member e-newsletters, press releases, website content and updates and social media communication.
- Prepare sales and new member kits and ensure materials are current and available.
- Assist the Executive Director in implementing membership benefit programs, activities and fundraising / sponsorship campaigns.
- Assist the Executive Director with event planning and implementation, project organization and monitoring of event timelines to ensure budgetary and scheduling constraints are met.
- Help coordinate all aspects of Chamber sponsored events and meetings, posting of events, supporting event registrations and invoicing and onsite event logistics- set up, tear down, table arrangement, etc
- Maintain organization filing system
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent public relations / customer service skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in software collaboration tools including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and Google applications
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people and organizations
- Self-motivated and driven to the ability to execute at a high level with minimal supervision
- Experience with CRM systems (WordPress)
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and early morning events
Please send a copy of your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply is January 20, 2023